The latest in wearable technology for those who are blind or have partial sightThe BuzzClip is a small and discreet wearable device for people living with blindness or partial sight. The BuzzClip uses ultrasound to detect obstacles that may lie directly in one's path. It then notifies the user of these obstacles through intuitive vibrations, allowing the user to safely navigate around any objects that they may encounter. The BuzzClip offers essential head level obstacle detection and can be easily held or attached to many forms of clothing, making it a highly versatile and useful device.
All aspects of the BuzzClip from its design to its functionality have been created with our customers in mind. It is an extremely practical mobility tool that can reduce fears of travelling as it provides a reliable way to inform a user of their immediate surroundings and prevent collisions.
Detection Accuracy and Range of the BuzzClip
- The BuzzClip can accurately detect anything coming into its range of detection. The sensor ensures that the distance to any nearby obstacles is accurately measured regardless of lighting conditions or transparency of the object. It does this by sending and receiving sound waves. The received information is then relayed back to the user instantly through intuitive vibrations.
- The angle of detection is a conical shape from the center of the sensor (mesh within circular ring) and the BuzzClip has three ranges of detection: a 1-meter mode, a 2-meter mode and a 3-meter mode.
- When the BuzzClip is clipped around your upper body or chest area in the 2-meter mode, the detection range will cover you shoulder to shoulder and from about your waist to just above the top of your head.
- When the BuzzClip is clipped around your upper body or chest area in the 3-meter mode, the detection range will cover you more than shoulder to shoulder and from about your ankles to just above the top of your head.
- The frequency of vibrations from the BuzzClip increases as you get closer to an obstacle.
- The BuzzClip delivers three strong rapid vibrations when it is 50 cm (arm’s length) away from an obstacle as an indication to stop and proceed with caution as there is something that is now less than 50 cm away from you.