The latest version of MAGic can be downloaded using the links below. For new installations, download and save the executable file to your PC and install from there. Make sure to download the correct version (64-bit or 32-bit) for your computer, which we have detected is a 64-bit computer. Instructions to verify whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer can be found at the bottom of this page.
Note: MAGic 14 incorporates speech and new file structure changes from JAWS 18 that were introduced for easier and faster localization in the future. MAGic 14 and JAWS 18 work very well together. If you need to run MAGic 14 with earlier versions of JAWS, please contact Freedom Scientific Technical Support.
Urgent notification about ZoomText and Window-Eyes software
Ai Squared has learned that the digital certificate in newer versions of ZoomText and Window-Eyes software products has been compromised and will be revoked on or around January 26th. Shortly after this date, users who have not updated these software products will begin to experience startup failures and error messages. Software updates to fix these problems will be released before January 26th. These updates will be available using the Check for Updates wizard where available or by download from the Ai Squared website. To determine if your product is affected and how to acquire the software updates, go to www.aisquared.com/CertificateFix. If you have questions or require assistance resolving this problem, contact the ZoomText support team at email@example.com or (802) 362-3612—select option 2 for Support”, and then 2 again for “ZoomText Support”.
Information for running a USB version of ZoomText
1. You will need to download and install the patch for the software on the computer i.e. ZT mag 10.1 INTERNATIONAL or ZT mag/read 10.1 INTERNATIONAL
2. Once the software on the machine has been updated and shows 10.11.7.4 in the About ZoomText dialog box then download and install the patch for the USB
3. There are separate instructions on how to update the USB, they are on the certificate fix page or are below:
Updating Your ZoomText 10.1 USB Drive
Use the following procedure to update your ZoomText 10.1 USB drive with the ZoomText 10.11.7 update:
1. Download the ZoomText USB update (from the table above).
2. Plug in your ZoomText USB thumb drive.
3. Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the update utility.
4. Follow the instructions to complete the update.
It is important that the software on the computer(s) are updated prior to updating the USB.
September 2016 Upgrade for All Sense Notetaker Models
Introducing Software V8.6 with BookShare fix, new Tablet Viewer feature and Math Symbol Select for U2, U2 QWERTY and U2 Mini, as well as a patch for older notetaker models.
HIMS is pleased to announce new firmware for the Braille Sense U2, U2 QWERTY and U2 MINI. This firmware restores full access to our BookShare app and also includes two surprise new features.
In this upgrade, we introduce "VNC Mode" and "Math Symbol Select". VNC Mode allows a teacher, parent or friend to view your notetaker's screen using an iOS or Android device. You can download the free VNC Viewer app from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. There are multiple VNC Viewer apps. We strongly recommend using the VNC Viewer app from Real VNC. You can find full instructions for using VNC Mode in the Utilities section in the Help menu on your sense notetaker. HIMS will also be posting a VNC Mode tutorial video in the coming days.
Math Symbol Select expands on our robust support for Nemeth and UEB Math.
Math Symbol Select allows you to find a Nemeth or UEB math symbol in online help and press ENTER on that symbol to have it inserted into a document.
If you are running a current software version you can use the online upgrade method. To upgrade using the online method, follow the steps below.
1. Connect your notetaker to AC power, and ensure you have an active Internet connection.
2. From the main "Program" menu, press U to open the "Utilities" menu.
3. Press U again for "Upgrade Firmware"..
4. When prompted, "Upgrade Online?" press "Enter".
5. The notetaker checks for new firmware. If it finds it, you are prompted, "Are you sure you want to upgrade?" The default is "Yes".
6. Press "Enter" to initiate the download and upgrade process.
7. When the files are downloaded, the upgrade process begins. While the unit is upgrading, progress is displayed on the Braille display in the form of a percentage and progress beeps are heard. Please do not press buttons or power off the unit during the upgrade process as this may result in an incomplete installation.
8. When the upgrade is complete, the unit reboots and places you in the main "Program" menu. Press "Space-V" (FN-V) to verify your notetaker is running
V8.6 build 160908.
Upgrading using the Offline Method:
To upgrade using the Offline method, please download the firmware using the appropriate link below, then proceed to the instructions that follow.
Braille Sense U2 QWERTY:
Braille Sense U2:
Braille Sense U2 MINI:
While we will not provide general upgrades to the Voice sense models, we do have patch firmware that both fixes the BookShare app and includes fixes for the various e-mail providers that were broken during the last cycle due to changes in provider security.
Offline upgrades for Voice Sense and Voice Sense QWERTY models can be found
Voice sense QWERTY:
Older Braille Sense models:
The following are offline upgrade links for a firmware patch of 8.5 to fix the bookShare app in Braille Sense PLUS, Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY, and Braille Sense OnHand:
Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY:
Braille Sense PLUS:
Braille Sense OnHand:
WARNING!! After upgrading the notetaker firmware, all system settings are restored to their defaults. If you have made changes to the system settings, you may wish to back them up before upgrading, so you can restore them after the upgrade is complete. Please use the "Backup/Restore" option in the "Utilities" menu to back up your option settings. We also strongly advise backing up your files. Though the upgrade itself should not destroy data on the internal flash disk, users should also consider backing up their files in case unexpected problems arise during the upgrade process. Please use the File Manager to copy your data to an external storage device such as an SD card or USB drive.
1. Download the zip file containing the firmware to your PC.
2. Extract the zip file on your PC; the extracted folder should contain three files for Braille Sense PLUS, Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY, and Braille Sense OnHand. (The Braille Sense U2, Braille Sense U2 Mini, and Braille Sense U2 QWERTY upgrade contains only 2 files) 3. Copy the files and paste them into the root of an external storage device such as an SD card or USB thumb drive.
4. Connect the external storage device to the Sense Notetaker.
5. Connect your notetaker to AC power.
6. From the main "Program" menu, press U to open the "Utilities" menu.
7. Press U again for "Upgrade Firmware".
8. When prompted, "Upgrade Online?" press "Space-4" (Down arrow) to move to "Offline", and press "Enter".
9. The notetaker checks for new firmware on your external storage devices.
If it finds it, you are prompted, "Are you sure you want to upgrade?" The default is "Yes".
10. Press "Enter" to initiate the upgrade process.
11. The upgrade process begins. While the unit is upgrading, progress is displayed on the Braille display in the form of a percentage, and progress beeps are heard. Please do not press buttons or power off the unit during the upgrade process as this may result in an incomplete installation.
12. When the upgrade is complete, the unit reboots and places you in the main "Program" menu. Press "Space-V" (FN-V) to verify your notetaker is running the V8.6 Build 160908.
HIMS is pleased to bring you this highly anticipated patch firmware release for the Braille Sense V8.5 firmware. This will be the final firmware release for the Braille Sense PLUS, Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY and Braille Sense OnHand.
This firmware fixes problems accessing and sending e-mail for many popular providers, significantly improves YouTube access, adds a special Exam Mode for students taking standardized tests, and gives you the ability to connect to both a USB and Bluetooth device simultaneously in the Terminal For Screen reader.
Please see release notes (MS Word DOCX File) for a detailed list of all the enhancements and fixes in this patch.
For more details and instructions for updating your notetaker, visit the appropriate section in our resource center: